Thank you for your interest in contributing data and/or any other content (collectively, “Contents”) to the geo-database of the OpenPlaceReviews project (the “Project”). This contributor agreement (the “Agreement”) should be accepted by you (“You”) and clarifies the intellectual property rights in any Contents that You choose to submit to the Project in this user account. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully and click either the "Accept" or "Decline" button at the bottom to continue.
1. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we need to be able to respond to any objections by intellectual property owners. This means that:
(a) Your contribution of data should not infringe the intellectual property rights of anyone else. If you contribute Contents, You are indicating that, as far as You know, You own copyright to the Contents and want to distribute it under CC0 Licence . If You do not have that right, You risk having Your contribution deleted (see below).
(b) Please note that OpenPlaceReviews or any other application does not have to include Contents You contribute in the Project, and may remove Your contributions from the Project at any time. For example, if we suspect that any contributed data is incompatible, (in the sense that we could not continue to lawfully distribute it), with whichever licence or licences we are then using.
2. You declare that the Contents provided by You to the Project dedicate the Content to the public domain by waiving all of his or her rights to the work worldwide under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights, to the extent allowed by law. You accept that the Contents is provided under CC0 license.
3. OpenPlaceReviews agrees to distribute your Content under free and open licence (for example, http://www.opendefinition.org/okd/) but it doesn’t have to include all your Contents provided by You to the Project.
4. To the extent permitted by applicable law, You provide the Contents “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise.
5. Subject to any liability that may not be excluded or limited by law, neither You nor any application used the data provided by You shall be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages under this Agreement, however caused and under any theory of liability. This exclusion applies even if either party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.